sexta-feira, julho 07, 2006

Resposta de Mike Lopresti

O Sr. Mike Lopresti responsável por este artigo dignou-se responder a uma "reclamação" do Padrinho que ontem lhe enviei por mail...

Hi (.....)


Thanks for your note about the Portugal column. I make it a point to answer all my mail, even from those who are angry or upset, since you took the time to write.


I would only say that this was not the serious attack, nor was it meant to suggest there are not many, many good and important things about Portugal. It was more just to lightheartedly note that not a lot of people in this country know a lot about Portugal, rightly or wrongly, and this was an unusual chance to take notice. I would say the response from readers has been about 40 percent taking it that way, and 60 percent who were upset, such as yourself. What that
number tells me is that I didn't set quite the right tone, and it didn't come across the right way. I am not afraid to admit it when I did not do something correctly.

Thanks again for writing.

Mike Lopresti

Sem comentários: